Pages

1/29/2012

Michael : Tuesdays and Thursdays

Just discovered this Canadian sitcom with great potential, it's called Michael : Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's all about this guy (Michael) and his therapist.


Michael is this pathologically anxious guy who's been in a therapy for 15 years. Everything in his life, everything that happens to him, what people do around him .. he analyzes every single part of it and just assumes that other people (normal people) will draw the same conclusions as him. His doctor looks like a really sweet guy, the kind of guy who notices his patient first came to him exactly 15 years ago and wants to say "Happy anniversary bro !"

Yeah, if you don't tell her the time she'll think you wanna rape her, sure dude ..
 Michael's character is actually really moving : his life is a constant fight because of the way he sees things and the poor guy just can't help it.


Like taking the bus. Even something so little and meaningless used to freak him out, he could ride it only with the help of therapy.


Many interesting characters in this show, I gotta say. Like the secretary, what is she in love with the doctor or something ? No one is that retarded. I mean come on ! No you didn't knock on the door, why ? Did you think you had ?


Now my personal favorite of the minor characters, Carlos. He is .. How shall I put this ? Dick-head. His name should be Dick, he's really just a jerk. But he has this little gay thing going on, and i don't know he's just fun !

"He's a urologist. He's my sister's husband. Why would anyone marry a urologist ? Why would anyone be a urologist ? Are you married ?"
 I'm not sure I even need to talk about Sammy .. That girl is a pain. She talks a lot, everything she says makes me want to pull my brains out ! Or hers ... Guess we'll see how that turns out !


 Michael and his doctor have a really weird relationship. The doctor acts kinda like a father would with his kid. He's really protective of him, but at the same time he pushes him to fight off his fears ! (Man that was beautiful ...)

No no I don't drink !
Now what the hell are you doing with her again ? I mean other than the obvious reason : physical contact ;)

Okay one more for the road !
 Yeah right you don't drink, suuuuure !

No it's not that I don't like you it's just ... I'm constipated. And it hurts.
 I thought that was so sweet how he held Michael's hand to the 19th floor because he's afraid of heights.

You're sure ? There's no monster ?
Michael looked so much like a scared little boy. The psychological analysis plays an important part in the show and yet no one said anything about their relationship except of course for my least favorite character : the needy, chatty pain in the ass who wants too "connect professionally" with our doctor, ladies and gentlemen, Sammy ! Maybe she's not entirely useless after all she did point out that he was always there for Michael and that it was touching, sweet and lovely. Yeah okay but it's also kind of creepy if you think about it.


At the end when he asked for five more minutes, and the doctor was like "sure", like he couldn't possibly deny him anything. Plus, Michael never ever lets on anything of what he's feeling when he asks for something. Like is he angry ? Is he disappointed ? Depressed ? It makes me a little bit uncomfortable and at the same time I feel bad for him.
Bottom line : this could be a great show, and although it doesn't seem like it from what I've said it's really funny ! So I might write about the second episode ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

"When you bring an idea that has no merit to me, and you ask me to comment on it, I'm going to tell you it has no merit." (Kevin Leary)